SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Looking for a hotspot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jospgu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:51 pm    
Post subject: Looking for a hotspot

Hi,
I have to install a quite big wifi project, and I would like to confirm that Firstspot can do all the customer needs.
* I need database replication, or similar solution. I mean, there are 10 hotels and I have to install 10 hotspots, but all of them must have the same database, because a user logged in hotel 1, can also log in hotel 10.
* There are several VLans, so I would need the captive portal let free logging, paypal logging, and social media, in the same appliance.
* I also need the software can pick up the information from the PMS of the hotel (If the PMS is not supported, I would like to know if it is possible to develope it).
* There are over 300 people connected for hotel, Is there any problem with the performance?

Sorry about my English.
Thank you very much for your help.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 am    
Post subject:

Thank you for your interest in FirstSpot. To answer your questions:

1) You can share the FirstSpot user database. Refer to scenario 2 at http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html

2) Yes, FirstSpot supports all three features you mentioned simultaneously.

3) What PMS are you currently using? Since FirstSpot user table is open, you can manipulate it via SQL or FirstSpot API. Refer to chapter 5 and 10 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

4) 300 users are definitely okay as FirstSpot is quite efficient. Most of the current PC (e.g. Quad Core with 8G RAM) should be sufficient as a start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: