SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Keep getting incoming message screen on network connections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:35 pm    
Post subject: Keep getting incoming message screen on network connections.

Hi,

Have downloaded ver 4 and running windows XP. Installed it, as per your recomendations, but have the following problem, as soon as i start the program, it goes to started state with no problem, however i can not access the internet. When i started to look at the problem, it seems that at the "network connection" screen it opens the following window, "Incoming" "No incoming Clients". If i delete it and reset the program the program gets an error. I have to deinstall an reinstall Firstspot for it to work again . What could be causing that?

Thanx,
Will
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:00 am    
Post subject:

The "Incoming" icons that being shown after FirstSpot is started is normal (But you shouldn't get any message windows).

Your problem should be related to routing. Sometimes, after FirstSpot is started, the routing rules change so that your machine cannot access Internet anymore. Please make sure:

1) you have only 2 active network cards
2) Public Network Interface's has the correct Default Gateway setting. The Private Network Interface should have no Default Gateway
3) note the ipconfig/all output after FirstSpot is started. Is there anything changed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: