SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

many hotspots?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:28 pm    
Post subject: many hotspots?

I have many branches and I want to connect them together with one database.

does the program do that?
and all the users from all the branches do they connect to the Internet through one PC or each branch is a gateway to its customers.
what I mean is that I want the gateway in each branch take the user name and the password from the user and check it from a database then connect the user to the internet from the branche's PC not from the main database PC (or server).

is that OK ?

I hope that what I said is clear and if not please reply and tell me

Thanks
CyberiaWiFi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:27 am    
Post subject: Yep

You can (I Do) use firstspot like that, or get more complicated and use it (the advanced version) with routers and such. I just share the database on my webserver and firstsopt access it each time to check time values, etc. its easy.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:22 am    
Post subject:

Yes, you can install FirstSpot at each of your hotspot location and having them talk to a centralized user database (MySQL, MS-SQL or any ODBC-compliant one will do).

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Saud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:41 pm    
Post subject:

thank you for your answers

but I wanna ask is it easy to do the database sharing.

I want to know in details because I am going to purchase the program but I wanna make sure that it can do the job perfectly.
CyberiaWiFi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:57 pm    
Post subject: Yes

It's V ERY easy i think, i have a shared (virtual) hosting account somewhere in California and all i did was upload the database (Per the firstspot instructions) i made mine all PHP SQL stuff, and then downloaded to the firstspot pc the MYSQL connector and told firstspot where the database was and the passwords, etc. took about 15 mins total.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:46 am    
Post subject:

Hi Saud,

Thanks for your clarifications.

Yes, having different copies of FirstSpot talking to the same database is quite easy. Quite many of our customers are using MySQL (hosted somwhere on the Internet) as the centralized user database.

If you use MySQL, just download their MySQL ODBC driver onto the FirstSpot machine, got it installed and configure the file DSN properly will do. The ODBC configuration should give you options to test the connection too.

If you can connect one FirstSpot machine successful to the centralized DB, you can then repeat the step for all other server machines.

To create a correct database/ table schema, please follow the instructions given in the manual. Some sample create table statements are provided.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Saud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:37 pm    
Post subject: thx

thank you guys very much for your support and I will try the trial version and if there is any problem I will ask you

thanks again

Saud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: