SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

overlapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:54 pm    
Post subject: overlapping

Getting a message that says the private and public interfaces segments are overlapping. Please change the IP. Can you help out?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:33 pm    
Post subject:

First, make sure both Private and Public Network Interface are "enabled" and "connected".

The error basically means that the Private and Public Network segment belong to the same IP network segment. Since FirstSpot behaves like a router, the network segment needed to be non-overlapping between Private and Public Network segment.

The solution is to change the Private Network Interfece IP to something else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:42 pm    
Post subject: another issue

Ok, I changed the private back to firstspots default setting and now I get a media state unknown. I am unable to start RRAS also. Any ideas?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:47 am    
Post subject:

There are 2 problems:

Media State Unknown:
1) Usually, that means something wrong with your windows network configuration. You can use insert parameter "_allow_privateNIC_disconnect=true" in the config.ini file [misc] section to skip the validation check (see readme.rtf).

2) The RRAS is a windows service. Try to start it individually to make sure you can start it without errors first. You need to resolve the problem of RRAS starting incorrectly first as FirstSpot relies on RRAS and will kick start RRAS during its starting sequence.

Please refer to http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49 for more information for a similar case.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:23 pm    
Post subject: ok...almost there

Ok, got firstspot to start successfully. but..........I leave the default value of the private IP and subnet mask that was set by firstspot (10.20.7.1 255.255.255.0) I do an ipconfig on the firspot pc and I get an ip of 169.254.175.126 255.255.0.0) Doesn't sound right?
kpb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:42 pm    
Post subject: another issue

I went to reboot firstspot, now when I try to start it up it says it can't find publicNIC. Also in the firsthop is in the public connections but is not checked...is that right?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:41 am    
Post subject:

1) After you start FirstSpot successfully, the Private side IP should be 10.20.7.1/255.255.255.0. FirstSpot does not change the Public side IP.

2) Your FirstHop driver setting is okay. The FirstHop driver should be tied to Private Network Interface ONLY.

3) Do you change the conenction name of the Public Network Interface? What connection do you have to connect to the public Internet? Currently, FirstSpot does not allow for connection name or network card changes. You need to reinstall FirstSpot for that.

If you still have problems, start FirstSpot and email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com the following:
1) config.ini
2) ipconfig/all dump
3) FirstSpot debug log (see instruction at http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: