SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Client-generated user name and password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cameron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:17 pm    
Post subject: Client-generated user name and password

All of the major wireless hotspots I have used while traveling (Starbucks Coffee, for example) allow new users to create their own account from the log-in page. In other words, the new user can define their own user name and password from their browser and select the time they wish to purchase. This scenario is described in the PatronSoft document entitled "Deploying FirstSpot with Online Credit Card Payment Services", yet strangely FirstSpot or other hot-spot-in-a-box products I have tried don't include this. It would seem that this is essential for public hot spots such as airports, where a clerk may not be on site to establish the account. I guess that I will have to write my own scripts to do this but I am disappointed that a feature so necessary is not included. Has anyone come up with a script that will do this? Actually, it seems to me that the user name/password would not even be strictly necessary as long as the authentication is based on MAC address and that time remaining countdown timer is used.
Cameron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:29 pm    
Post subject: Client generated user-name and password

Sorry, I now realize that someone already made a post about this same issue 2 hours before me. I'm pleased to see that it's being addressed by PatronSoft as this is a very good product!

Cameron Earnshaw
[company name hidden]
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:53 am    
Post subject:

Hello Cameron,

Thanks for your comment. We always strive to address customer needs. You are right, in ver 2.1, the self sign-in feature is already built-in.

Please continue to give us comments and feedbacks to help improve FirstSpot

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
CyberiaWiFi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:25 pm    
Post subject: Self Signup

Firspot's new beta does include just those features...I am testing it for them and have had much luck with getting it to work, and cleaning up/customizing the pages to look and feel the way i want them too. I higly recomend Firstspot and the team that coded it since they have been very helpful and responsive to customer feedback. For example, the new beta includes almost every feature posted in the forums by customer wanting improvemnts, enhancements, etc. I think in the comming months, this is going to best the best, most solid product on the market since it seems to me that the customers are basically telling the coders what features to include, how they want them layed out, etc instead of a software company dumping the program on the customers say " thats what you get" and not responding to feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: