SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Shopping Cart, Plans, and Paypal troubles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:29 pm    
Post subject: Shopping Cart, Plans, and Paypal troubles

I've installed the trial version of 3.0.1 and I am having some issues with credits/time and payment.

I've searched for the forums, but can't seem to find what I need. People have said that to define time, you do this under Plans. I've edited your default Plan A, and even created a new one. Am I missing something here, I do not see where I can define minutes for this plan. Only what a users can start with when first created, is that it ? If so, does this mean that if I enter a value of 60, they will start out with 60 minutes for free ?

Shopping cart I think I have figured out, you just tie that to a plan and add a description and price tag to it ?

Lastly, Paypal. I believe I've followed the instructions in the pdf on how to set this up. I've tried to test this a few times, and am able to make payments from a normal paypal account to my business account. I've enabled the IPN and left the url field BLANK as per the instructions in the pdf. I've forwarded the correct port, 5789 to the machine hosting FirstSpot through my router. After a payment is done, I can see in my firewall that paypal does indeed send something to my machine and is forwarded on the correct port to the server. Under credit cards tab/show log I see all the transactions made, but all their status's are blank.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Art
Xactek Art

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:25 pm    
Post subject:

Just noticed I posted as anonymous. Sorry about that :)

Art
Xactek Art

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:38 pm    
Post subject:

Update, I figured out the plans and how they work now. I was able to manually add time to a person through the configurator. I'm still however having problems with paypal. All transactions still show nothing for status.

Art
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:55 am    
Post subject:

Please send us (firstspot@patronsoft.com) the paypal_txn.log under the FirstSpot\log directory.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:42 pm    
Post subject:

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. After you showed me where the log was, I looked in it myself and saw that it was being refused because of Case. I typed in the email address all in lower case in firstspot, but paypal was sending the email back to firstspot with a capital first letter. After I made the change in configurator it works fine now.

Thanks,
Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: