SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Feedback Required. Centralized Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
premitec

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:55 pm    
Post subject: Feedback Required. Centralized Network

Hello,

I am looking at ways to set up my own Centralized network System and would like feed back from people using a Centralized Network Setup.

APs --- VPN box-- internet --- |
APs --- VPN box-- internet --- | -Internet --- VPN box -- FirstSpot Adv. Ed. ------- Internet
APs --- VPN box-- internet --- |

This is the setup I intend so if anyone has similar set up I would appreciate your advice.

If it is not a bother please could you supply the following information?

1. What Hardware you used at the Hotspot Sites and configuration. Any problems occurred and how they were resolved.

2. ADSL Line Speed at Hotspot Sites.

3. What type of VPN device you use at the Central Network Server.

4. ADSL Line Speed connection to Hotspot Sites.

5. Spec of Server at Central Network Server.

6. What speed your uplink is at the Central Network Server and how many client users you would achieve with your set up.

I would also appreciate if you have a different set up that works for you as to information about it.

Thanks, Les
xnp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:47 pm    
Post subject: ???

Wouldn't a VPN slow down the connection speed for the client machine surfing the internet? Since vpn does slow things down and the user's status must be constantly updated with the main server.

in the multiple network segment, can router ip be the static ip address of a specified hotspot? The gateway would be a given static ip address of the central firstspot server?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: