SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

client isolation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjoaquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:02 am    
Post subject: client isolation

does the client isolation only works for Wi-Fi clients? How about wired ethernet clients? tried to simulate simple network topology but the Wi-Fi clients can see my ethernet clients and its shared folders as well.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:08 am    
Post subject:

Client Isolation should work with Wi-Fi as well as Ethernet. Note that your client needs to use FirstSpot DHCP Server for Client Isolation to work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:33 pm    
Post subject:

yes, the ethernet client used the FS DHCP to obtain IP address, however if I do a search of IP address belonging to that subnet it was found and I can explore whatever it is shared on that client.

Is it because Im using the trial version?

Additional, how does session handling works?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:48 am    
Post subject:

1) FirstSpot Client Isolation only prevents client from seeing each other in Windows "My Network Places" or "Network Neighborhood". If the client tries to access the other client via IP address explicitly, FirstSpot will not stop it.

2) Session Handling is the method for FirstSpot to identify client. FirstSpot supports both MAC or IP (Advanced Edition only, see http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/editions.html ) session handling. See point 7 ( http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/faq.php ) of our FAQ for more details
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: