SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

More info about this product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockrz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:12 pm    
Post subject: More info about this product

Our company has noticed the popularity of WiFi and how businesses are installing this service for their customers and some are charging a small fee for them to access the internet through their system.

I need to know if your product is suitable for this type of deployment.
Would the merchant be able to prevent customers from accessing the net through their system until after the customer has purchased such access?

And, as a reseller, would I be able to not only make money on the initial equipment sale, but make money each time a customer purchases time from the merchant?

If these questions could be addressed, I'd really appreciate it.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:58 am    
Post subject:

1) Pre-paid - Yes, you can take advantage of the access minutes or data transfer quota system in FirstSpot.

2) FirstSpot is a pure software product. So you are free to charge whatever you want to the end-users. See our FAQ at http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/faq.php for more details.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:28 am    
Post subject:

I was thinking of reselling this to retail locations and making residual income everytime they charge a customer for wireless access time.

In other words, I don't just want to make money on the software program but also residual income on the money made off of each user that pays for access.

How does your system facilliate this, and is there online reporting so I can track my income?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:18 am    
Post subject:

The FirstSpot user log contains information such as start time, end time, duration, data transferred. So you can use those information to charge users.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:32 am    
Post subject:

OK. Thanks.

I don't think this would work for me because I would be selling the software and equipment to businesses all over the country, so I would need the system to somehow be a controlled system since I'm not going to physically be at each location.

Otherwise, I won't make any residual income. That would end up making me more in the long run than any commission I would make on the software itself.

I guess I'll keep looking. I need a turn key package deal to market.
Thanks for your time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: