SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

multiple hot spots and unique page sets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:47 pm    
Post subject: multiple hot spots and unique page sets?

I have a question regarding the capabilities of your FirstSpot product.

I have downloaded the trial and am looking to support multiple hot spots. At each hot spot we have the requirement for customized page "sets" (we will settle for different login pages, but ideally would like to be able to customize ALL pages such as logout, billing, etc to each site).

Does the current version of FirstSpot support different page sets when deploying a network as you have documented as "scenario 3"? What about version 3.0?

As far as I can tell FirstSpot does not currently support having different page sets for each "site". I have hacked up the login_select.php page to redirect to different login_form.php files depending on the source IP of the client. Can you comment on this approach?

I do realize that "scenario 2" would solve this problem whereby we will have a FirstSpot box at each site, and I can still have a centralized database. Indeed this may be another option for us. Of course this will cost a bit more.

Thanks in advance....
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:17 am    
Post subject:

FirstSpot Advanced Edition, starting from ver 2.x, supports serving different login pages for different network segments. Inside Configuration Manager, under the Multiple Network Segments tab, you can configure the page assigned to customers form a particular network segment when you set up each segment's IP details. Please refer to page 18 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: