SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Does Hotspot Need to Run on Local PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derbrit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 pm    
Post subject: Does Hotspot Need to Run on Local PC

I just set up a Hotspot for my business which is a simple Router connected to a cable modem with customers getting a WEP key from me for access. I'd like the control and monitoring that FirstSpot offers but it's not practical to put a PC in the location with the router (signal strength consoderation). Could I put the application on my webserver or another remote PC connected to the router through wireless?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:29 am    
Post subject:

Yes, if you setup a VPN tunnel to connect from your local router to a remote FirstSpot. Note that you can use a DD-WRT router to set up the VPN tunnel. Refer to http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1338 for details.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 pm    
Post subject:

Yes, you can definitely transfer and install the application .exe file to another remote PC connected to the router through wireless, using various remote support services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: