SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

limited usage time per day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trialuser

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:25 pm    
Post subject: limited usage time per day

Hi,

We are looking to try to get a user to be able to self sign up for free and get 30 minutes access.
Once they have used their 30 minutes we want them to be blocked until the following day when they get another 30 minutes etc.

Is this possible ? Currently we have the initial 30minutes but dont seem to be able to find away to get the same allocation the following day etc ?

many thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm    
Post subject:

Yes. You can take advantage of the new v7 "Free Access" feature. Please refer http://patronsoft.com/firstspot and firstspot_guide.pdf for more information.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:20 am    
Post subject:

Hi,

I am still struggling to find a way to enable the user to get access each day - I must be missing something.
I can see how I can set up free access each day using the free access plan but I need the user to sign up using the self sign up form and not the free access sign in. Once they have created a username and password they become a user on the system and I have the settings set to suspend the account after 30 minutes but i cant see how to re-enable this each day ?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:34 am    
Post subject:

The concept of "Free Access" is that end-users don't need to signup at all. FirstSpot will track the client MAC address and FirstSpot can reset the access daily through the setting "Availability of a new Free Access session".

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:16 am    
Post subject:

Is this the only way to do it ? We want to be able to treat each user as individual and to capture additional information when they sign up (such as email address) but to give them a number of minutes free per day. As far as I can see with the Free Access sign in there is no way to see individual users or track how many times they visit etc.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 pm    
Post subject:

There is actually a way to capture additional information. Just go to Configuration Manager -> UI Customization and define Extra Information Fields.

For tracking, you can tracking all the access under Configuration Manager -> Users -> Show User Log. For Free Access, FirstSpot will record the client MAC address and you should be able to track how many times a particular device access through FirstSpot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: