SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

MySQL auth bug in v7.0.3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davelee212

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 pm    
Post subject: MySQL auth bug in v7.0.3?

We have a few Firstspot machines now. We have used MySQL for the authentication database on all of them (so we can script changes to users if necessary) and it's all worked well.

We've got a sql script create create all the required tables (based on the commands in the firstspot help file) which also populates the plans table with 24 Hour, 1 Week and 1 Month plans by default.

Having documented the installation procedure from previous Firstspot implementations, I did the same with regard the windows, Firstspot and MySQL setup as I had before. For some reason, I couldn't create users when I switched to the DSN for MySQL. I didn't see the errors you would expect to see on the Users page is the database is inaccessible though. Looking at the connections on the MySQL server shows that the user account used by Firstspot was logged into the database okay though. This morning I've rebooted the machine and that is working okay and I can create users (strange but I'm not complaining about it!)

The 3 plans that I had already created (by inserting the rows into SQL as part of my DB creation script) aren't shown on the user page so I can't select them when creating users. However, if I go onto the Plans page, they are showing in there ok. I can add a new plan on this page as well but this doesn't show up on the users page either (although I've checked the fsplans table and it does appear in there.

Could there be some bugs in v7.0.3 related to using MySQL for authentication or am I missing something simple here?

thanks

Dave
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm    
Post subject:

We don't have report of similar MySQL problem.

BTW, we change the table definition since v7.0.4, so you might want to recreate the tables using new "create table" SQL statement in the firstspot_guide.pdf and upgrade FirstSpot. You can download the latest v7 at http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/download_trial.html .

For the default dbf datasource, the table definition update is done by our setup program.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan

Good idea, I think I have table out of sync with my Firstspot version so I've upgraded to 7.0.5 and I've recreated my MySQL tables following the SQL code in the pdf that comes in the zip file for 7.0.5.

This seems to be working okay now in that I can create users and they are stored in the MySQL tables but the plans still do not show up on the Users page so I can't create a new user based on a plan.

The plans do show up on the Plans page though.

Any ideas?

Dave
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:13 pm    
Post subject:

We need to double-check. So the Plan drop-list under Configuration Manager -> Users is completely empty?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 pm    
Post subject:

Yep, the plans drop down is empty on the Configuration Manager ->Users page, but the correct plans do show up on the Configuration Manager -> Plans page.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 am    
Post subject:

We cannot reproduce your problem using the latest v7.0.5.

Can you export your Plan, and then post the output of plandata.csv in the forum (please select your output and then click the forum "Code" button. This way, your output text won't get distorted here)?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:25 am    
Post subject:

Are you using Firefox? We have report of similar problem. Can you try IE or Chrome instead?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: