SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

odbc Warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
support@cvinternet.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 pm    
Post subject: odbc Warnings

I just installed the new 702 version of firstspot on a 2008 R2 w/sp1 on it and when I setup the ODBC connection to a MSSQL server and configured it under the Authentication Server I am getting the following message "Warning: odbc_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Program Files (x86)\FirstSpot\cfgmgr\c_Auth.php on line 732"

I am pointing it to the same database that I currently use with V6.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:40 am    
Post subject:

But did you copy the files from the old datasource directory directly? Note that you cannot copy any files from the old directory directly (except export/import). Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for the upgrade steps.

If you still have difficulties, please rebuild the tables using the "blank" files from the v7 setup zip files first (see http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1514 for an example), make sure everything works perfectly first, and then try to import the old data back again.

Regarding this line 732 ODBC error, you can safely ignore. We will improve the error reporting in the future v7.0.3 update so that you won't see this "unnecessary" error message.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 pm    

I did not import any data from the old server. I did a fresh install on a new server and created the odbc connection to the existing MSSQL database. that is when I started receiving those errors.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:39 pm    
Post subject:

You need to recreate the MySQL tables using the new "create table" SQL statement in chapter 8 of v7 firstspot_guide.pdf.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm    

I have created a new Database with all of the statements in chapter 8. and I have corrected my file DSN and i am still getting all the same errors. please review and advise.

# this is under the authentication screen
Warning: odbc_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Program Files (x86)\FirstSpot\cfgmgr\c_Auth.php on line 732

Warning: odbc_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Program Files (x86)\FirstSpot\cfgmgr\c_Auth.php on line 785

Warning: odbc_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Program Files (x86)\FirstSpot\cfgmgr\c_Auth.php on line 836

# Plans Screen
Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'xxxxxxxx'., SQL state 28000 in SQLConnect in C:\Program Files (x86)\FirstSpot\cfgmgr\db_access.php on line 32

# Shopping Cart
Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'xxxxxxxx'., SQL state 28000 in SQLConnect in C:\Program Files (x86)\FirstSpot\cfgmgr\c_Cart.php on line 23
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:53 am    
Post subject:

Please double-check your DSN file (in particular username, password, server).

Please note that for MSSQL (only) the password field is:

Code:
PWD=

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:28 pm    

I apologize, I had forgotten that you have to manually edit the file DSN and add the PWD into the file.

After Rebuilding the Database and fixing the DSN file I no longer have errors.

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: