SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Redirect Stopped Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReverendD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:16 pm    
Post subject: Redirect Stopped Working

Okay, unable to figure out what I may have messed up here.

So, I changed the domain name to show on the page (Cat > Authentication Server) to the company's name, saved and restarted the service. On reconnecting to the WAP I am able to open the captive portal page, but the redirect times out.

So, I try changing the DNS records to use the local comcast DNS servers (Cat > DHCP), save, restart, test. Doesn't work.

So, I change the domain name back to the local IP choice, save, restart, doesn't work.

I then remove the DNS entries, which it then says it needs something in them. I use the 0.0.0.0 in both as shown to use the FirstSpot DNS settings for the visitor side. Save, restart, doesn't work.

Without having done a complete reset of all FirstSpot settings back to default (which can I do this and how?), it has now reached the point where I connect to the WAP, it directs me to the captive page, then directs me to the redirect page, and then the page I want times out. After that (and before) I cannot access any outside resource from the visitor connection. I have set the redirect page to a fixed page (that is working) and 0 for the redirect delay (Cat > UI Customization).

Without bringing the entire install back to factory default setting at which point it was working, any thoughts or are there files I can post for review? I went back and changed everything back to the way it was prior using the web administration, but it almost feels like something hasn't saved properly. Thoughts?

As an FYI, I have attempted to search the forums but they return nothing close to what I am looking for, and they are running extremely slow.

~Rev
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm    
Post subject:

A bit hard to say. Can you:

1) revert your customization. Did you only change the tpl file?

2) Have you reboot Windows and renew the client IP (using ipconfig/renew)?

3) Also, from your latest symtoms, I suspect DNS problem. So can you run the following command in the client side and post the output here:

ipconfig/all
nslookup apple.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:57 pm    
Post subject:

Okay, I did a full restart on both systems (Portal & Test Laptop) and it appears to be working now.

I had not changed anything in the .tpl file yet. Now that its working the way I want it to thats my next task.

Appreciate all the help Alan, hopefully I wont need to bug the forums much more getting this setup.

~Rev

P.S. On a side note, is there a way to revert the portal to default settings w/o uninstalling/installing again? May be handy knowledge.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 pm    
Post subject:

Sorry no. There is no easy to reset the customization anyway. Also, you get pretty much the same effect by reinstall (though a bit more cumbersome).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: