SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

session ID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smitty242

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:31 pm    
Post subject: session ID

If i use a Html page as the default landing page and have the user then directed to the sign up page rather than the log in page ..how can I then have the sign up page generate a session ID
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:07 am    
Post subject:

Do you mean to have self sign-up page to generate a Scratch Code (instead of just username)? The patch I sent you assumes the Scratch Code is generated by adminstrator instead of self sign-up.

Please elaborate a bit more on your requirements. We will see what we can do.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:42 am    
Post subject:

ok .. By default when a user tries to browse they are directed to the log in page where they can either log in or register.. when they land on that page a session id is generated ....

I created a html landing page with ads ect .. with a button that says register that points the the registration form ... Seeing that a session Id wasnt created they cant register.

Any Idea on how I can generate a session Id on my html page or have a session Id generated when they click the button that sends them to the registration page?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:36 am    
Post subject:

The actual underlying process is quite complicated.

Technically, you should start with the simple html code in chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf and put the html in the file login_form_body.tpl. FirstSpot will take care of the session id (session cookies) correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: