SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

How many users can FirstSpot handle online at one time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeRad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:01 am    
Post subject: How many users can FirstSpot handle online at one time?

The title practically sums up my question. I need to know as there is no way to test (at this point) the amount of people I am considering being logged on at one time. It may be near a thousand per hotspot. (This is all preliminary however.)
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:44 am    
Post subject:

Admittedly, it's always difficult to give an offical and yet accurate answer to the question. Because the number varies for different machine specifications and most importantly, the usage patterns of hotspot users.

As FirstSpot is a low-level Windows network gateway driver, the performance is much better than proxy-based gateway software.

In our test lab environment, the overhead FirstSpot brought to a Windows machine (as a gateway) is less than 3%. Therefore, the 'discounted' performance introduced by FirstSpot to an existing server machine is really minimal.

Another good thing is our upcoming ver 2.1 will support bandwidth throttling where you can limit the maximum bandwidth a particular user (or globally applied) can get. Please let us know if you want to be included in the beta program [firstspot@patronsoft.com].

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: