SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

accounts providioned in two conflicting ways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgregory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:23 am    
Post subject: accounts providioned in two conflicting ways

I am using self-signup to allow users to sign-up for one of several different plans contained in the shopping cart. To force the shopping cart to show up I set the initial time to 0 in the self-signup plan and after the shopping cart is displayed, the user then signs up for the plan desired from the shopping cart. The problem is that after payment, the user's account gets provisioned with "0" time remaining from the self-signup plan and also per the particular plan selected from the shopping cart which may be some number of minutes or days etc. In any case the user is prevented from Internet acces because of the "0" time remaining setting in the self-signup plan.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:10 am    
Post subject:

You need to initialize the self sign-up user with another Plan. Refer to http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2765 for more information.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 pm    
Post subject: No time remaining after successful financial transaction

I read the referenced FAQ and am troubled by it. From the FAQ it sounds like when a successful transaction has been completed, the software updates the user's attributes. However, the manner in which the software updates the attributes appears to be that it first writes the attributes from the self signup plan into the user's record and then over-writes the shopping cart attributes to the user's record. If there are attributes from the self-signup plan in the user's record that conflict with self sign-up attributes, they are overwritten by the shopping cart attributes. But, where there is no conflict, then both attributes end up in the user's record. Which can be a problem.

If my surmise is correct, this method will only allow the use of one kind of shopping cart plan. whether it specifies access based on minutes or days or a date. The reason for this is that you can only have one type of self sign-up plan. In my case I have plans based on access minutes, number of days and plan expiration based on date.

If the above is really the case I suggest you put a check box in the configurator that allows bypassing of the self sign-up plan or a quick fix would be to put an illegal value like -1 in the self-signup initial access time text box. And, then detect that value to bypass the self sign-up attributes when provisioning the user's account.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:44 am    
Post subject:

Shopping Cart Plan can have more than one attribute. The key is to initialize the self sign-up user correctly by creating a self sign-up Plan (not Shopping Cart Plan) and then tie that Plan to self sign-up.

For all the attributes that you intend to use in your Shopping Cart Plan, you need to initialize the every one of them in the your Self sign-up Plan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: