SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Firstspotcore.exe crashing after about 7 days of use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanslimmon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:35 pm    
Post subject: Firstspotcore.exe crashing after about 7 days of use

After upgrading to V6.0.7, i've noticed that both my firstspot servers seem to have trouble staying up for more then a week usually.

What generally seems to happen is that the firstspotcore.exe will crash (there are errors in the windows event log), then the automatic service restart kicks in and trys to get the service going again. However, client experience sporatic issues: logon page not coming up, slow to load the logon page, those logged in notice a decrease in web performance, etc.

This continues until you actually restart the dispatcher service. Then everything seems to be alright. Wait about a week again.

This is usually what I see in the windows event log:
Faulting application FirstSpotCore.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module FirstSpotCore.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00028a37.

I can't seem to find any errors in the firstspot logs however.

Any known issues with V6.0.7 ?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 pm    
Post subject:

This is not normal. Can you post ( or email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com ) your log file firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log under FirstSpot\log (or FirstSpot\log\archive) directory. Please try to locate the log file that contains the crash timeframe (please state the timeframe as well).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: