SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Enabling DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RVK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:01 pm    
Post subject: Enabling DHCP

I have started the FirstSpot services for the first time and have one client computer connected to the "public" side via a crossover cable for testing. The client computer does not get a dhcp address.

If I manually set the IP address of the client computer to:
10.0.0.1 <--- FirstSpot Address
10.0.0.1 <--- DNS

Everything works perfectly.

I have enabled DHCP within FirstSpot and did verify the DHCP service is running within Windows. I don't see an area where I can provide a DHCP range. I see an exclude range, but not a range to provide clients. Am I missing something?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:11 pm    
Post subject:

FirstSpot DHCP server derives the IP range from Visitor Network Interface IP, so no need to set anything. In fact, it is the best (at least initially) to keep most of the settings as default.

What FirstSpot settings did you change? Can you revert them as much as possible? Please try to issue the below commands in the client side:

ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew

If you still have difficulties, please post your config.ini file here for further analysis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: