SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Windows 7 bluescreen problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm    
Post subject: Windows 7 bluescreen problems

I recently purchased a new Dell Inspiron quad-core machine to run my Firstspot application on. It is running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, and Firstspot is Premium Edition 6.0.6 .
My connection to the external internet works fine and all goes well until I put traffic across the Internal network through Firstspot, which causes a bluescreen crash. This sometimes does not happen immediately, perhaps 20 minutes or so before it bluescreens.
The other thing I am noticing is that in the Network and Sharing Centre, it shows my machine connected to multiple networks.....the external adapter has internet access but it then shows the internal NIC connected to an unidentified network with no internet access. I cannot get it to show a single network connection as I recall it should have. This now prevents me from putting any traffic from the internal network through Firstspot to the internet.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:43 pm    
Post subject:

What did you change before this problem first appear? Also, we need to know the exact error message of your blue screen (it should be within the Windows Event Viewer -> System Logs)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 pm    
Post subject:

Thanks for the quick response Alan. This is a new machine that I set up a couple weeks ago and had running without any problem until I installed Firstspot. I installed Firstspot on April 19 and copied in the License Key you sent to me for it. It actually bluescreened as soon as I installed Firstspot the first time. I didn't have time to work on it until yesterday when I tried to customize the UI settings. Everything worked fine while I worked on the Firstspot machine, but as soon as I tried to test out my changes from a laptop client, I would lose connectivity and the Firstspot machine would show a message saying it had recovered from an unexpected problem. The Firstspot service would be stopped so I would restart it and all would be OK for a few minutes then the whole thing would start over again.
Sorry, but I'm not sure I found the correct files for you, but here's what I did find:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2058

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 828B66D5
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042910-20592-01.dmp
C:\Users\Murray\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38501-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I tried to copy the C:\Windows\Minidump\042910-20592-01.dmp file but can't seem to do that for some reason. Is that a file you want to see?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:39 am    
Post subject:

Please try to use a "clean" Windows as much as possible. Ideally, just Windows + SP, no anti-virus (at least for the time being), no firewall, no low-level monitoring software.

You might also want to install FirstSpot in another machine with a different Visitor/Private Network Interface card. Just email us if you need a new license key.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 pm    
Post subject:

Well I think I found the problem. As I mentioned, this is a new computer I'm setting up, and it seems that the bluescreens are being caused when the system goes (by default) into sleep mode. Last night I changed the settings to 'Never' go into sleep mode and all has been well since.

I'm sure this is not a machine issue, as it does not happen unless Firstspot is running, but I do not recall this ever happening on the other machine that I was using for Firstspot and the Power setting was not set to 'Never' put the machine to sleep.

Anyways, for now the issue seems to be solved (I hope).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: