SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

network setup help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmartin1663

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm    
Post subject: network setup help

ok here is the deal i am using this software in a convention center where i have wired and wireless. the wireless is 84 a.p.'s handled by a controller so i can direct the a.p.'s to the pc with the software but i DO NOT want the wired connections going to it. i have a router to handle DHCP. i want to charge by the time allotments i set through paypal to allow people on the wireless.

ap->controller->patronsoft->approval->router->internet

wired->router->internet

so any help here to cut down some time would be great i have read through the manual but still having a little trouble seeing the direction here. by the way where do you place the paypal HTML code for the buy now button in the software
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:16 pm    
Post subject:

What exactly do you mean by "approval"?

The key is that you need to configure your AP & controller as bridge instead of router ( assuming Scenario 1, see http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html ). In the words, treat all the AP, controller and client PC as one big network segment. Note that you need to make sure all client traffic go through FirstSpot first before reaching the Internet at large.

As for PayPal support, in short you need to:
1) define a Plan of, say access minutes = 60
2) go to Shopping Cart and select this new Plan
3) now you need to configure the setting under Credit Card. If you encounter difficulties, you can post your question here. Also, try to refer to http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2058 for more hints.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 pm    
Post subject:

right the controller does not handle DHCP it only sets the rules for the ap's to follow as for what i mean by approval i want customers to pay for the time and once they do the are approved to access the internet thank you for the earlier response i will start making adjustments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: