SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Software solution for WISP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
impactdirect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:58 pm    
Post subject: Software solution for WISP

I'm a small WISP looking for a software to manage my customer billing and security. I have seen your demo but it looks like my customers will have to login everytime they try to get online. I have residential customers who pay by the month for usage and they don't like to sign in everytime they go online. Can we setup a monthly rate which the cusotmer will pay for on the homepage when they go online and after they paid the internet service will be open for the duration of thier time without having to login again until they hit the end of the month where they will have to pay again?

Thanks,

Impact Direct
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:43 am    
Post subject:

First for explicit login, you can use Passive Login so that the client doesn't have to login every time. You need to know the client MAC in advance.

For monthly payment, you need to setup a customized page which collect payment (what payment method do you use?) and then update that particular user's "edate" field in table fsusr (see chapter 5 & 10 of firstspot_guide.pdf).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm    
Post subject:

I use the Ubiquiti products as my infrastructure to deliver wireless internet to my customers. With that in mind, do I enter in the mac address of the Ubiquiti bridge I issue to customer or do I enter in the mac address of the customers router, or do I enter in the customer computer mac address.

Thanks,
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:42 pm    
Post subject:

Assuming there are no routers between client and FirstSpot (i.e. only bridges and switches in between that won't hide the client MAC address), you need to enter customer computer MAC address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: