SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

extend the capability of slip customisation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joelba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:01 am    
Post subject: extend the capability of slip customisation

I read through all previous topics and discussions, I would like to offer the follow feedback.

The slip printing is ok, but I think a lot of people are in the same position as I am, we setup the system for other users, and those users need an interface and methodology in which to do the operations. When you think in that context:

1) most of the operations work once firstspot is setup is accounts and tickets.
2) most of the operators are not interested or skilled enough to find ways to customize their slips or tickets once firstspot has dumped the csv file.
3) a lot of people wouldn't want to go to expensive graphic designers or printers to get tickets or slips made.

the firstspot package offers a lot of this structure ... the system works within a framework and the users can learn it, but the slip printing could go a little further.

I think the idea of printing on a pos thermal printer is ok. However you could extend it a little more.

For my particular senario, we are using a centrally managed firstspot host to controll a very large wifi and wired campus type network. We have a coffeeshop that runs headless, but they are selling the tickets, wr have a guesthouse with 35 rooms, headless also, they are selling tickets. We have tcikets being sold from many locations, however the firspot host is located in our office where only a few poeple have access.

In this senario, printing 500 tickets for each sales outlet on a thermal pos printer isnt a good option, and it isnt elegant either.

We like to take the csv, and then produce pre-paid tickets like a mobile phone recharge card, we make:

500 x 15 mins
500 x 30 mins
500 x 45 mins
500 x 1hr
500 x 2 hr
500 3 hr
500 x 4 hr

We do all of that for each of a sales outlet. So it takes a very long time to do produce a couple of thousand tickets each time.

... And yes, we are cutting those tickets with a machine because we have that equipment on site because we are also doing small books and things.

Anyway ... all that is whatever.

I think you could extend the slip printing or add something else that deals with ticket production. I think this is really essential when you think about the bulk of the work for operators.

I think it would make firstpost a better product and help position it against the competition.

Im not sure if you have seen the endian hostspot solution, the ticket production is quite good.

anyway, thanks for reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: