SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

uninstall routing and remote access?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnrmartin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:46 am    
Post subject: uninstall routing and remote access?

After demo-ing your product, (and I like it.) I need to re activate ICS on my windows 200 pro computer. I have uninstalled firstspot, and rebooted, but when I try to re-activate ICS I am informed the routing and remote access service has been installed, and I must remove my computer's IP address in the routing and remote access application before I can activate ICS. I installed the 2000 server tools in the hope that it's R&RA consile would let me change the configuration with no luck. I have disabled R&RA in the control panel, and tried it again, no success. can you assist?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:03 am    
Post subject:

You cannot change the RRAS (Routing and Remote Access Service) using server tools in 2000 Professional. The only way to change the RRAS setting in 2000 Professional is through the netsh command.

It is sometimes quite tricky to reset the RRAS setting. You might want to try to issue "netsh routing reset" to see whether this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: