SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Other wireless networks around the area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjhinkle

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:17 pm    
Post subject: Other wireless networks around the area.

If my network overlaps another network in the area, can I keep Firstspot from asking their clients to login when they access the internet?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:17 am    
Post subject:

If you're talking about overlapping in RF channels in access points, FirstSpot will present them login screens anyhow.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
bjhinkle

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:26 pm    
Post subject:

I'm talking about another access point in the area. Lets say a home has a wireless network setup, that overlaps the wireless network that I am setting up. Would that home be prompted at anytime for a username and password to login to my network?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:58 pm    
Post subject:

If it's your AP to take the signals, users will be prompted with FirstSpot's login page for sure.

The overlapping home network users should know their own SSID; so mistakenly connecting to your network shouldn't be very likely.

If you really don't want this to happen, you can consider hide your SSID and let your customers manually enter it - that's the practice of some hotspot operators.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: