SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Pocket PC 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levern71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:41 pm    
Post subject: Pocket PC 2003

I installed the FirstSpot demo and finally got it work with a laptop client. Unfortunately, when I tried testing the system using Pocket PC 2003, the start page could not be loaded (or found).

FirstSpot gives the unit an IP address and it successfully associates with the AP, but it can't reach the login page for some reason.

Is FirstSpot compatible with Pocket PC 2003? If yes, does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thanks
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:13 pm    
Post subject:

Yes, FirstSpot should work well with Pocket PC. Please, as discussed over eariler conversation, let us know by email at which stage the browser complained about the "site not found" problem and we'll diagnose the problem for you further.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
levern71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:13 am    
Post subject: Pocket PC Problem Resolved

Changed proxy server settings in PIE; successfully logged onto system and accessed Internet.

So far, FirstSpot is working well; looks good.

Thanks.
steveJ

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:10 pm    
Post subject:

What did you change in the proxy settings?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:22 am    
Post subject:

I believe levern71 was using proxy to access the Internet; which contributed to the problem. Once it's removed, it should work (as FirstSpot is not a proxy server.)

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
steveJ

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:58 am    
Post subject:

I have a HP Jornada, using a Linksys WCF12 card and all works fine, never a problem.

But i have also a IPAQ h5500 which will show "connected" to the AP, under the network settings. An IP address is issued. But I cannot connect to the login screen in the browser. "Page cannot be found"

I'm sure it's a setting, but when configuring the "My ISP" or "My Work" the device asks for a modem.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:05 am    
Post subject:

Hello,

Is your pocket IE using a proxy to access the web? For the page not found error, what's the exact URL shown in the brower's address bar?

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
steveJ

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:51 am    
Post subject:

There is no proxy on the network.

IE just shows a blank white page, with the original address in the www.bbc.co.uk, but the wireless network indicator on the top menu bar, says "Not connected", but under network connections to the AP, it say's it is!

I can't find out using the device, what is it's gateway, only it's issued IP (10.20.7.129) address, by the fs dhcp
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:32 pm    
Post subject:

It's tricky to do the equivalence of "ipconfig" on pocket pc; try using the tool called "vxUtil" can usually help. It's freely downloadable from the web.

Please let us know if the default gateway is pointing to FirstSpot.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: