SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

User and DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben802

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:46 pm    
Post subject: User and DHCP

Dear

I would like to below question please kind to advise :

Network Diagram - Scenario 3

1. what is maxinum user that firstspot can handle and what is hardware you recommend ?

2. How can I setup different IP for the router of different location ? and what will be IP for end user (on-line Client).

3. I want to setup different first web page for authenicated user at different location HotSpot. How can I make it ?

4. I cannot find any DHCP setup (like NT server DHCP Server) at configuration manager .How can I define IP Range ?

Thanks

Ben
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:24 pm    
Post subject:

Palta,

1. It's difficult to throw out an absolute maximum number and a hardware configuration without any input. If you can let us know your target number and your hardware specfication planned; we can give feedback on that further.

2. 3. They are the features of Multiple Network Segment, configurable inside Configuration Manager. Please kindly do have a read on the documentation (FIRSTSPOT_GUIDE.PDF under the FirstSpot\Doc directory).

4. In version 2.x, DHCP will distribute address for the whole range calculated based on the private ip address and it's netmask. For example, for 10.20.7.1 and 255.255.255.0, it will distribute address from 10.20.7.2 to 10.20.7.254.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: