SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

enabled Client Isolation wont let any LINUX OS login

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:09 pm    
Post subject: enabled Client Isolation wont let any LINUX OS login

Hi!
I have been having a great time using firstspot program but now i have a problem again. When a user is using ubuntu or any linux operating system or that Asus laptop kde linux and some cellphone devices, he cant login.how can i resolve this?
for me, i notice that CLIENT ISOLATION feature is tricking the netmask but that wont work with linux when you try to add gateway automatically as assigned by the dhcp server of firstspot.ill be waiting for your reply asap thanks. my firstspot version is v5.0.0 advanced edition.

PS in our city lots of users now are using ubuntu or any linux os to prevent worm or virus or trojan plus there are lots of branded computers using linux as default operating system

Tjay
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:06 am    
Post subject:

We are looking into this problem...
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:50 am    
Post subject:

Please test the soon-to-release v5.1.0 update. I will send you the download link via email. Note that you need to uninstall/reinstall (since this update involves database table definition change, you cannot upgrade as previously mentioned. The next update v5.1.1 will most likely support upgrade though).

This v5.1.0 will provide workaround for Linux client when Client Isolation is enabled. As a result, there will be no Client Isolation for Linux client (but Windows and MAC will still work fine).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 am    
Post subject: client isolation on linux os

with the 5.1.0, what would happen to my activated accounts?will it delete the old users that have been activated? can i still use the activated accounts to this new version? i hope you can release earlier the upgrade so i dont have to uninstall/reinstall again.also i hope you can find a way for client isolation when linux os is being used just like windows* os.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:10 am    
Post subject:

You need to uninstall/reinstall when you upgrade from v5.0.x to v5.1.x. Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for instructions.

For the upcoming update from v5.1.x to v5.1.x, we will support upgrade and you don't need to reinstall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: