SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Central Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nyb141

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:54 am    
Post subject: Central Setup

Can the following be done with FirstSpot?

1. I have 3 various locations which have their own cable modems (1 at each location) and wireless routers (1 or more at some locations).

2. Is it possible to have FirstSpot setup on a central machine such as my home machine and manage all the computers at the 3 locations?

3. What is the most efficient way to manage access at multiple locations such as various cafes?

Thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:24 pm    
Post subject:

For question 1 and 2, please refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97 for a detailed discussion

If you want to manage multiple locations centrally, you should take advantage of Scenerio 3:Centralized Topology (see firstspot_guide.pdf for details). Keep in mind that you need to have some control in the networks for Scenerio 3 to work (again, refer to the above link).

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:54 am    
Post subject:

I watched the demo of the software and have several question about the funtionality of the software:

1. The paypal example demonstrates that credit gets added to the account after payment. How does the payment reffer back to the account to update the credit?

1a. Is it secure? I don't want an advanced user to be able to parse the link and put a fake payment.

2. If I were to add a personal payment page using a credit card (using an external company for verification), is it easy to implement payment completion to update account credit?

3. How is the user login database and everything stored in your program in term of security? My concern is that an advanced user would be able to break into the system and access the database.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:40 am    
Post subject:

1. The PayPal module in FirstSpot listens for live update from PayPal; once it received notification about a specific payment, it will map against the right transaction and update the corresponding account accordingly.

1a. It's secure because

- PayPal requires a post-back verification from the merchant's web site to check a notification's validity

- the module inside FirstSpot also runs several rounds of verification before updating an account's airtime credit.

2. To use other payment gateways with FirstSpot, please refer to this thread:

http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134

3. User passwords inside FirstSpot are encrypted using our proprietary format. Also, you can restrict the Configuration Manager from being accessed by machines other than the console itself.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: