SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

802.11b or 802.11g

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherman

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:06 am    
Post subject: 802.11b or 802.11g

Hello,
We're about to roll out several Hotspots in our area and we're planning to use Patronsoft. I have a couple of questions.

What is the preferred 802 to use in a cafe that most likely will not have more than 7 people surfing the internet at any one time: 802.11b or 802.11g ? This will ofcourse dictate the type of access point we install.
I'm leaning towards 802.11b because we're not talking heavy throughput and the equipment is cheaper.

Also, what equipment do you recomend for a wireless VPN router? Can it be any router as long as it provides a VPN option or does it have to be a certain type of VPN option?
We mainly work with Dlink... the only product they offer that is both wireless and gives VPN is the DI-824VUP
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=274
The problem is that it cost $239 per pop which can get a bit pricy for multiple cafes.
I could also simply use a standard simple vpn router and attache a Dlink 802.11b access point ($90).
Do you have any recomendations of VPN router models from the following companies:
Netgear, Edimax, or Dlink
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: