SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Another wireless AP in the Same Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palta

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:09 pm    
Post subject: Another wireless AP in the Same Area

This question has mentioned by other but I cannot see a comleted answer ,so I ask it again

for the same area where have 2 different AP from different Network, One is FIRSTSPOT and another is from other provider,

1. what will happen to user who is asking on-line and assume that the Channel of APs has no conflict ?

2. As I know, you recommend AP is set to "Bridge Mode" and no WEP, so how can user select Firstspot Wireless ?

Please advise
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:58 pm    
Post subject:

1) In your question:

"....assume that the Channel of APs has NO conflict ?"

Did you mean "... APs has conflict?"

As answered in the previous posting, this is not a FirstSpot-related question. It's the issue of your wireless APs - RF channel conflict is irrelevant with FirstSpot.

If you meant "AP has no conflict", I guess you would want to know how end-users will get the right SSID? That's the responsibility of the hotspot operator to make it known to their customers.

2) Bear in mind FirstSpot is not an wi-fi access point. It has no channel for you to select; nor does it have an SSID. FirstSpot works after your RF signals turns into Ethernet packets.

Please refer to our documentation for details.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: