SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Outlook and Citrix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletche

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:25 pm    
Post subject: Outlook and Citrix

Hi, my question relates to whether the following services can be easily enabled with your product:

Microsoft Outlook
Citrix server

I have been using [PRODUCT DELETED], as a captive server, for some months. It is a very good product, but I have been totally unable to use the above services with this product. My customers need to use Outlook and Citrix. I have put many hours into this problem along with the software provider. I am not critical of [PRODUCT DELETED], it is a very good product but does not give me what I need. I am not a computer guy, just a business man.

I am also very nervous about installing new pieces of software. When I first installed [PRODUCT DELETED] I ended up with my DHCP service packing up and had to completely reinstall my operating system, programs and data. This was almost certainly due to my hardware/software configuration – 200+ Gigabyte system. By by 3 days.

Point is, I’m a very nervous chap.

I have 2 AP’s connected to the computer that controls my network:

USR2249 – For Freespot service
Linksys BEFW11S4 Router for my internal ‘secure network’ Outlook and Citrix work fine through this – also provides internet connection to PC which controls USR2249 Freespot

I want to run, maybe, Firstspot to control only the USR2249 but it must allow the use of Outlook and Citrix!

Has anyone done this? Is it easy?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Best regards

Quent

P.S. Does any one have any advice/pointers concerning the law regarding the max power output of your antenna in Europe. I’m putting these networks together in Poland and UK. Currently pushing 500mW through a 17bB antenna. I’ve tried understanding the law in Europe and I think it means you are allowed 100mW regardless of how much you concentrate your signal (Antenna gain). In the US it’s a function of power and concentration. Am I missing something about European law or can I take 100mW and pump it into a theoretical 50bD antenna?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:28 am    
Post subject:

The nice thing about FirstSpot architecture is that it is not proxy based. In other words, it will work with all applications (see point 8 of our FAQ at http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/faq.php ).

We use software like Outlook, ICQ, RealAudio, etc... all the time internally to test FirstSpot, it works perfectly. There is no extra configuration needed to be done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:27 am    
Post subject: outlook not working

Firstspot is quite simple on how it works.
Imagine a very powerfull wall. (firewall) which whenever you ask if your allowed to go though asks for your username and password If you have it. it will check and let you though. if not it will point you to where you have to sign in. Very simple really.

The only thing with outlook, Netscape, etc is that you MUST logon to the Firstspot system before you can download send emails.
Hope thats helps
Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: