SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

No Login screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:48 pm    
Post subject: No Login screen

Hello,

I have installed my firstspot and all seems to be well with the installation and server. When my client machines login to Windows, firstspot via its DHCP server allocates the machines an IP address and Gateway. However when accessing IE I get no login screen. If I type Logout in the browser address bar I DO get a PATRONSOFT logout screen, therefore I presume the software is correctly installed on the network

Any Suggestions

Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:35 pm    
Post subject:

Make sure your client is accessing a valid web site, otherwise the login page will not come up.

There are several reasons for login page not being shown. If you still have problem, insert _debug=2 under [misc] in config.ini and then restart FirstSpot. Reproduce the problem by using the client to access a valid web site once (so that we can see how it breaks). Then send us the debug logs under FirstSpot\log subdirectory (ignore the archive directory, that is for old log files) and config.ini to firstspot@patronsoft.com.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:53 pm    
Post subject: www

I have noticed that the first page one visits when opening IE needs to start with a "www" (Example: www.yahoo.com N O T http://yahoo.com) else it will not work correctly. Just a thought that might help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: