SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Error creating users
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar.palma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm    
Post subject: Error creating users

Hi.

I just download the trial version of firstspot, and installed in a W2003 SP2 server, the installation process goes normal, giving double click in Setup.msi File.

When i log in the configuration manager and try to create an user, see this messege under the "Existing Users" part:

Warning: odbc_connect()[function.odbc-connect]: SQL error : [Microsoft] [Controlador ODBC dBase] Error de disco o de red., SQL State S1000 in SQLConnect in D:\Archivos de programa\Firstspot\cfgmgr\users.php on line 23 connection failed!!

similar warning code appears in others sections of the config. manager. What i should do to fix this error?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 am    
Post subject:

Somehow your local database operation fails, which is abnormal. Make sure you haven't changed the default FirstSpot datasource setting.

Please try:

1) Make sure you haven't changed your local ODBC dbase database driver setting. You can go to Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) to double-check

2) Did you have MS Office installed? See http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4634#4634 for a suggestion

3) If you still have difficulties, you might want to try to install FirstSpot in a different Windows. Sometimes, it is hard to narrow down the exact issue in your Windows, and it is faster just try another "clean" Windows.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:05 pm    
Post subject:

thks for the answers.

the machine when I installed FS have a clean instalation, i will check the OBDC, but this part doesnt move for all

the Server only have installed W2003 SP2 and FS software, I dont have MS Office or any other software installed in the server
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:59 pm    
Post subject:

But did you change any FirstSpot setting at all? Even though you may not have Office installed, you should try the suggestion in the link above.

Also, do you have another Windows machine that you can try to install FirstSpot on?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:06 pm    
Post subject:

Upon more investigation, it seems that your database operation fails because "Failure or network drive" (I use Google Translate).

If you still have difficulties, can you post your firstspot.dsn under FirstSpot\datasource directory for further analysis?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:03 pm    
Post subject:

I follow the instruccions from the link, but still the same error, my firstspot.dsn file has the follow contents:
--------------------
[ODBC]
DRIVER=Microsoft dBase Driver (*dbf)
UID=admin
UserCommitSync=Yes
Threads=3
Statistics=9
SafeTransactions=0
PageTimeout=5
MacScanRows=8
MaxBufferSize=2048
FIL=dBase IV
DriverId=227
Deleted=1
DefaultDir=D:\Archivos de programa\Firstspot\
DBQ=D:\Archivos de programa\Firstspot\datasource
CollatingSequence=ASCII
---------------

Even make a reinstallation of the FS software but stay the same problem.
omar.palma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 pm    
Post subject:

i send this screen captures to see the error.

alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:21 am    
Post subject:

I notice that your firstspot.dsn file is somehow different than our default file. Make sure you don't change the firstpsot.dsn file (or ODBC setting) at all after FirstSpot setup.

Can you email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com the remote access instruction of your machine? We want to take a look at your machine to help you to solve this problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 pm    
Post subject:

I send the data to remote access from opalma@consulnetworks.com... thanks for all the help
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 pm    
Post subject:

We take a look at your machine in details, and we cannot explain why you are having this error. This is really strange since we have many Spanish customers, and this is the first time we encounter this.

Your ODBC error is "Disk or network error", which means somehow Windows ODBC fails to locate the datasource files. The strange thing is that the other part FirstSpot system like PHP.EXE, the ODBC operation is fine. We put a test php 1.php in your machine, the below Windows command line should work fine:

cd "D:\Archivos de programa\Firstspot\www\php"
php.exe 1.php

Alternatively, if you go to:

http://localhost:5787/1.php

it will fail.

So we are back to the initial suggestion. Do you have another Windows machine that you can test FirstSpot on? We are confident that FirstSpot should work since have many successful cases.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 pm    
Post subject:

ok... I will to install W2008 in a HP Proliant ML110 Server the software and try to execute the FS captive portal... i will report my progress...

thks for help...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm    
Post subject:

Please leave the Windows 2003 on. We want to try one more thing.

In the meantimes, please go ahead and test FirstSpot on a Windows 2008 (32bit only) machine.

Thank you for your understanding.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:55 pm    
Post subject:

I will tell you when the server is up so you can check again...
also, i have a question... FS need have installed in the server any other software to make the manage of the data base?.. (SQL Server or MySQL) or the DB server is optional?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:57 am    
Post subject:

FirstSpot contains its own file-based dbf database (datasource), so MySQL or MS SQL server is optional. Refer to readme.rtf for more information.

Apart from putting the Windows 2003 machine back up again, please do try to install FirstSpot on Windows 2008. The result of your test will help us to pinpoint your exact issue.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 am    
Post subject:

Any progress?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: