SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

No info.php on client login

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dazza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:04 pm    
Post subject: No info.php on client login

Hello there

I have installed the demo software and must say that I am very impressed, well done, fantastic piece of software.

I do however have one problem, after I login via a client machine I do not get redirected to the default home page set in the browser but more importantly I get NO Info box with the time left counter and the logout option. All that I get is a lot of code in the browser screen, I can however continue to browse buy typing in a URL in the address field.

When I perform this same function on the server that the software is installed on there iare no problems and the info box and redirection works perfectly.

Regards

Darryn Fisher
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:18 pm    
Post subject:

Does your client machine browser have some add-on (like toolbar) ? We did have problem with Yahoo Companion in the past that supposed to be solved. The add-on sometimes get confused with web-based authentication mechansim that FirstSpot uses.

Regarding the InfoBox, it might be related to the anti-popup feature.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:33 pm    
Post subject:

Alan

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes in fact the client machine has the MSN toolbar running, this seems to be quite a common tool bar now days as I think that it is automatically installed with the new version of MSN messenger.

I will disable the tool bar and see if it works with it switched off but this could be a big problem with customers who whish to use the service.

Regards

Darryn
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:26 am    
Post subject:

We did more testing in our lab.

Try to insert toolbar.msn.com as Exception Free Website, then restart FirstSpot. Please re-test your case to see whether this resolves your problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:29 am    
Post subject:

Alan

Thank I will try this and let youi know the results.
darrynfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:52 pm    
Post subject:

Alan

I have now tested this and found that by adding the toolbar.msn.com to the authorised list stops me from getting the error in the browser but I do not get the info.php page up. If I turn off the tool bar compleatly I am then able to get info.php page.

Regards

Darryn
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:04 pm    
Post subject:

So this solves one problem.

The info.php (i.e. InfoBox) is related to the Anti-popup feature in MSN toolbar. There are several ways to solve it:

Either:
1) turn off the anti-popup feature within MSN toolbar completely (no need to uninstall the MSN toolbar)

or
2) configure MSN toolbar to add the Private Network Interface IP (e.g. 10.20.7.1 is the default) to the "allow popup" IP list

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:12 pm    
Post subject:

Alan

Ok I have switched off the anti popup function in the MSN toolbar and everything works a treat.

I will just add a line of code to the login page advising users to switch off all toolbars before they login, I think that is going to be the best policy.

Thanks again for your help geting this sorted out.

Regards

Darryn
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:09 am    
Post subject:

Starting from 2.1.11, we add toolbar.msn.com to the default Exception Free Websites list (see http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139 for 2.1.x minor version history).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: