SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

automatic startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joelba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am    
Post subject: automatic startup

Hi, I had been using v5 a lot. I had it set to automatic start-up, if the network connection was active but the internet link was not yet established, firstspot would start in reduced functionality mode.

I have since changed over to v6, it seems that the behavior has changed? Is this correct. I have set it to start automatically, however it is always in stopped state after system has come up .. I am assuming that this is because the internet connection is not active, although the network is up.

I know this is not the normal thing, but we are based in nepal, we have a terrible electrical supply, so the system is being shutdown and restarted automatically 5-10 times daily.

Can you confirm that this behavior has changed .. or I should be investigating further.

thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 am    
Post subject:

1) Since you are using Windows 2008, I think there is a delay start option for Windows service

or

2) write batch file to delay start the "PatronSoft FirstSpot Dispatcher" service. See http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/32570627/delayed-service-start.aspx for an example.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 pm    
Post subject:

... ok ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: