SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Unit Pricing, PayPal Hangup, Paths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:27 am    
Post subject: Unit Pricing, PayPal Hangup, Paths

1. How does one set the price for a unit? The demo is set at 1 cent.

2. When registering and paying for a unit, I get to the redirect to PayPal page and no farther. How do I fix that?

3. Am I suppose to change the Success and Failure paths to something besides 10.20.7.1?

4. The IPN Notify path, whould that contain MY IP address?

Thanks

Tim
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:36 am    
Post subject: Paypal Hangup Fixed

This one might have been because I was using my handheld for testing. I believe there is a bit of java here. My handheld doesn't support java. I'm on the main computer now and it's working just fine.
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:39 am    
Post subject: Paypal log in problem.

OK, Here's what I have.

On the paypal log in problem. On the laptop there is no problem. I enter my username and passord on the first spot screen. The next screen says I'm out of time. I'm redirected to Paypal quickly and easily.

On the PDA, the redirect to paypal stalls. At first I thought it might be a java problem but I discovered that if I switch to the second wireless access point that is not on first spot, the redirect will continue and log into paypal.

At the stalled address bar, the pda reads http://10.20.7.1:5789/paypal_submit.php. It will not go any further. When I disconnect from the First Spot access point and connect to the home access point the redirect continues on to paypal.

Any ideas?

Tim
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:09 am    
Post subject:

Hello Tim,

Neither FirstSpot nor its login pages need java; so no worries about that.

Seems like the paypal redirection worked with one of your access points? Can you let us know exactly how the two access points are connected to the network?

During the stalled status at the paypal_submit.php, is there a button that you can click on to proceed (as a last resort)? Does that bring you to PayPal?

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:45 pm    
Post subject: Access point connections

The First Spot access point is connected directly to the computer by itself through a crossover cable. The computer is stand alone with nothing else running on it but First Spot. The computer is connected to the internet through the same router as the second access point. The second access point uses a straight through cable. I think I tried it both ways on the first access point. I haven't tried switching the two access points.

Both access points are set up the same, Both have DHCP on. The only difference is the SSID and Channel.

The laptop and the PDA are set up the same.

If I give myself time, I can go all the way through all the firstspot screens onto the internet where I have no problems until my time runs out using the PDA.

The submit button on the PayPal screen doesn't help while using the PDA. I let the PDA set on that screen for several minutes just to see what would happen and it still stayed stalled.

From what I've seen, I'll still be buying the program soon. I still need to find out how to set the Unit Price.

Tim
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:19 pm    
Post subject:

Tim,

Can your PDA go to the Internet *through* FirstSpot; apart from the stalled state at the paypal redirection page? Please use the defalut user alice to login using the PDA and see if you can surf the 'net?

The CART.PHP page you see is a sample that demonstrates how to construct a page to work with the Paypal redirection module. For slight changes, you can open that php file under the FirstSpot\AuthServ directory(it's mainly html and some javascripts) and modify its content to fit your needs. Or you can plug in your own; as long as it follows the steps outlined in the manual.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:50 am    
Post subject: Yes on the Alice

Yes, Using Alice from the log on page I can go directly onto the internet and surf. The paypal_submit.php file is where it hangs when I try a new customer on the PDA.

This is a Ipaq 2210 pda with Windows 2003 for the pocket PC. I need to find a jave runtime environment for it and see if that helps.

And I found the pricing in the Cart.php and got it set, I had seen that before and bypassed setting it for some reason. Thanks

Tim
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:08 am    
Post subject:

Hello Tim,

Glad to know the problem has been narrowed down to the paypal_submit.php on your PDA. Actually that php didn't use any java elements. It could be a small incompatibility issue with the pocket IE as it's using some meta header in the html content inside.

You can consider using another web browser to see if the situation can be improved and we'll also re-test that page with pocket IE.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:48 pm    
Post subject: Finally Back.

Hi, After setting this project aside for a while, I'm Back!

I picked up a new web browser for the PDA. This one is suppose to be fully java enabled and handles all the newer html commands.

When I try to log on as a user with zero time I am sent to the PayPal site. What happens is this as pages in sequence;

This user has no airtime left.

The cart php page, http://10.20.7.1:5788/cart.php?reason=nousage

click on one hour, click on checkout.

A quick flash of the trialmode page.

The PayPal_submit.php

Then I get a browser warning; Cannot read page. Type SSL handshake. I can't get any further here.

So....

If I use another trial user as the login who has plenty of airtime, I can log in and I can go to the get airtime/click here to log out page,

I click on get airtime, One hour, check out...

First I get an SSL Warning, Certificate not valid, the issuer of the root certificate is not registered in the certificate database.

Click on continue, and I go right on to PayPal where I can get airtime.

And this is where I'm at with it...

Any Ideas?

Tim
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:44 am    
Post subject:

Hello Tim,

Seems you've turned on the SSL support for the authentication page. Can you turn it off and re-try your 2 scenarios and let us know what will happen?

By the way, the reason you saw warning from your browser warning about the root certificate because the SSL cert generated is self-signed by FirstSpot instead of issued from a trusted CA. Please take a look at the thread (particular point #4) for more details.

http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=621#621

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:34 am    
Post subject: Found it....

Actually it was the opposit, I didn't turn on the SSL for the authentication page. I turned it on and everything seems to be working. I do have to click the submit button with the PDA but otherwise it goes right on into PayPal. I need to experament some more now with the laptop and such.

Will buy as soon as I have the bucks (which will be a while because I broke something the other day and have to have surgery tommorow.) That's what I get for playing superman and throwing washing machines over 6 foot fences.

Thanks

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: