SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

PAYPAL Paiement FAILS with message "INVALID LINK"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumpin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:50 pm    
Post subject: PAYPAL Paiement FAILS with message "INVALID LINK"

Hi,

I am testing the checkout with Paypal and after hitting the PAY button at Paypal website, I get an error message "The link you have used to enter the Paypal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Is it a port forwarding issue or else? I have set my router to port forward 5789, actually from 5780 to 5799.

I also set the port 80 forwarding to firstspot and I correctly visualise the test page of firstspot when browsing to the public IP.

Is there another setting that I am missing out? Is it becasue I am operating the trial version with has runned out and give the message 15 minutes browsing max.

I have purchase a licence this morning and look forward to receiving it. Thanks for your help.
jumpin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:28 pm    
Post subject: DNS Server IP

Hi,

following on my problem, I realise that the DNS Server IP entry (Dispatcher Menu) should be filled with the actually IP of my router, the same as the one used to view the demo webpage of firstspot, correct. I have the MODEM IP xx.xx.xx.17 and my router public IP with the same as the modem + 1 in my configuration such as xx.xx.xx.18

So I changed the DNS Server IP entry from 0.0.0.0 to xx.xx.xx.18 .. but same message again from Paypal. Anything else I am missing?

Regards
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:59 am    
Post subject:

If you experienced difficulties in getting to the PayPal web site, that means there's something wrong in the settings under Credit Card tab inside Configuration Manager. The port-forwarding setup is only for the call-back address PayPal will post to; which happens *after* the payment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:05 am    
Post subject: PB OnClick on the PAY button of Paypal, NOT to get to Paypal

Hi Kevin,

My pb is not in getting to Paypal .. Theredirect happens correctly. The problem is at the moment of paying when clicking the PAY button from the PAYPAL website: resulting page with ERROR message ''The link you have used to enter the Paypal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Does this mean that Paypal cannot communicate back to Firstspot? My setting for the Credit Card module are as it follows:

no changes on Success and failure return path
Base Currency: EUR
Publicly accessible URL to receive transaction update from Paypal: http://myrouterpublicIP:5789 (myrouterpublicIp is of the type 95.85.52.18 for example)
Transaction update module listening port: 5789
Transaction history table name: ppal

Anything wrong in this?
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:17 am    
Post subject:

Please check EUR is also specified at PayPal's side (their web control panel). The port-forwarding settings becomes important only after a successful payment.

Can you also verify you can pay succesfully using EUR without going through FirstSpot?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:17 pm    
Post subject: Proper settings for receival of EURO payments

Hi again,

I checked my PAYPAL settings and everything looks OK. I even tried to give the http address for the return IPN notification (http://public_ip:5789/ppal_ipn.php) but I still get the same error message from Paypal.

I urgently need to sort this set up to start operating.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: