SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

no way to get Testing working...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
need_help

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:39 pm    
Post subject: no way to get Testing working...

hi, im french and want to set up this good software..

So, i doesnt have 2 network card, so i installed Microsoft loop^back.

i install the softare with : public > loopback
private : my network card

i plug my laptop to my computer with a crossover cable

when i clik on manager, it opens my IE, but searching searching searching.... and never get the manager home...

please help me...
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:24 am    
Post subject:

So you're trying to access the Configuration Manager?

For the first time, please try to access it from your FirstSpot machine instead of the client machine.

Also, please check if your machine had Apache web server installed before FirstSpot installation. FirstSpot installer assumes there is no previous Apache server; as it will install a plain new one automatically during installation.

If you can't access the Configuration Manager for FirstSpot machine. Try to uninstall it completely and check if Apache is still there (it would be due to the previous instance of Apache), try to uninstall Apache completely before reinstalling FirstSpot.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
need_help

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:50 am    
Post subject:

for the first time, i tried to access from my server computer...
my machine didn t have apache before...
but something strange
, i put my 10.20.7.1. card on DHCP (so i delete 10.20.7.1...) and i can get access to the config manager

but , no to the sample page, nor from the fp pc or the laptop....
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:54 am    
Post subject:

sorry, I am too sure what you mean by "i put my 10.20.7.1. card on DHCP (so i delete 10.20.7.1...)"

So after you get into FirstSpot Configuration Manager and start it successfully, your client machine (not the FirstSpot machine) needs to issue "ipconfig/renew" to get a valid IP from FirstSpot DHCP server (you should get something like 10.20.7.x). Have you done that? Can you ping FirstSpot (default is 10.20.7.1) from the client machine?

Then access any valid web site (e.g. yahoo.com) from the client machine should bring up the FirstSpot login page.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:52 pm    
Post subject:

ok..
WITH the IP : 10.20.7.1 assigned to the network card, i can't access the manager in IE;
If i delete the IP in the properties, so i put Assign an IP automatically, then i can access FS manager on the FS machine.
Then, once started, i make en IPconfig/renew on the client, but it doesnt work, it can t give an ip like 10.20......
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:31 pm    
Post subject:

This is not normal. The default IP address should work.

Also, make sure your client PC is on (since you use crossover cable to connect between your client PC and FirstSpot) so that FirstSpot "Private Network Connection" can always get a valid connection signal.

Please send us the debug log at firstspot@patronsoft.com (firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log under FirstSpot\log) and config.ini for further analysis. This debug log will be generated every time you start FirstSpot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:52 pm    
Post subject:

ok, im gonna re install the soft and then test another time, if not working properly, i will send you logs..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: