SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

card payment problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazerTV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:29 pm    
Post subject: card payment problem

have a test system set up and working, but I cannot get the PayPal Module to work correctly.

The user can self log on, and chooses a payment specified in Euro's, then when his browser is redirected to PayPal it immediately returns an error "ERROR DETECTED This recipient does not accept paments in Euro. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferencies to accept this currency".

But the business PayPal account I have set up is in Euros, and it is ticked to accept payments in other currencies and to convert. The business account email has been verified, and the business creditcard (in euro) has been accepted and verified to validate the PayPal account.

I am unsure if this error is with the Paypal account or with the Firstspot setup, can you advise where to look.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:53 am    
Post subject:

Inside FirstSpot Configuration Manager, under the Credit Card tab, please specify EUR as the base currency.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:29 pm    

The currency EUR must all be in capitals, that threw me for a while, but now it is working, it might be worth have a drop down to select the currency from, in later versions.

I have tried to enter a card payment and was successfully directed to PayPal and a display of our account address.

Here it gives two options, one if you do not have a PayPall account, or the other to log in to a paypal account, but unfortunately it displays our business PayPal account name by default to the user who is trying to get air time. Can this be stopped as it is the E-mail address of our director!

Second, if I select the not having a PayPal account button, I am able to go through the process of entering my card details in PayPal, but when I click to checkout, I get a page cannot be displayed error. There are no entries in the Firstspot credit card log, or in the paypal history, so I do not think a transaction has taken place. The card I was using is a UK card in GBP and the payment is in EUR, but as I understand it this should work.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:07 pm    
Post subject:

It's normal that PayPal shows the recipient of the fund at the payment page as I believe they use email as part of the recipient identity.

To isolate the payment problem in your case, try to send a payment request from your business account to a test user and see if the test user can pay in EUR; therefore simply don't get FirstSpot involved to see if the PayPal account itself is working with receiving EUR.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:00 pm    

It appears that the problem was with PayPal not recognising a particular make of credit card 'of course it was mine'.

I now have managed to get paypal to accept a payment and Firstspot recognises this and assignes air time correctly.

I have one problem left and it is probably a simple one, I believe that I may have the FirstSpot Credit Card tab failure and success return paths set wrong, because after a success I cannot return to the correct place it just gives an error, but the user account is listed with air time. However if I log out, restart the browser and log back on, it works correctly.

I have the following address for both return paths http://195.23.39.3:5788/cart.php and I am sure that the success return path or maybe both are incorrect. Currently this is a default version 3 set up, can you give me the correct return paths that I should use.

The IP address is correct, but I am not so sure about the port, and clearly the success path should not point at the cart.php
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:03 am    
Post subject:

Port 5788 is probably right, unless you've changed the default port settings.

The ip address of the return path (for success or failure) would usually the same as the prviate interface's ip address (e.g. 10.20.7.1); which means the location the end-user will be taken to after the transaction.

As the end-user is inside the private network segment anyhow, an URL like http://10.20.7.1:5788/cart.php should bring him back to the shopping cart after the transaction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:39 am    

Thanks I had missed the point that the success return address should be on the private network card.

I did not want the success return address to point back to the cart so I changed it to point at the login_select.php and this works well.

Using the Login return address, the user has to remember the account they first created in FirstSpot, but this should still be known by FirstSpot.

Is it possible to point the return path to a step past the login page perhaps to the 'you are being redirected, screen?

If it is possible can you give me its name so that I can change the return path.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:12 am    
Post subject:

No, because users still have to login before going out, even after he has just created an account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: