SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

questions on ver 2.0 demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Yu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:40 pm    
Post subject: questions on ver 2.0 demo

i just got it up and running under windows xp.

couple things
i'm using an axim to connect to the ap, everything works fine but when i'm trying to logout, i followed the instruction, type logout on the address bar, but it didn't let me log off, instead, it automatically put http://logout/ on it.

and is there software support asssign wep automatically? this is very important for a hotspot, because you don't want to give out a bunch of # to end user manually.

that's all at this moment.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:11 am    
Post subject:

Hello Andrew.

FirstSpot does not have integration with AP's WEP yet.

For the "logout" to work, please take a look at this thread: http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22

Also, if you are not using FirstSpot's built-in DHCP server, please make sure your own DHCP server will distribute "firstspot.com" as the domain suffix.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
p5mmx10g

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:07 pm    
Post subject: just registered this name so i can reply

what happen is i'm using a pocket pc and it doesn't have a dos prompt for me to do all those ipconfig stuff, and here is the case

one nic is connected to lan and that's on dhcp, and it connects me to the internet

second nic is connected to ap, and firstspot is giving out dhcp on it, my pocket pc grabs the ip fine, everything time i try to access internet, it prompts me for login, which is working fine, but like i mentioned before, when i type logout on the address bar, it is not logging me off.
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:24 pm    
Post subject:

Hello Andrew,

When you type logout, can you see a page asking you to fill in the username and password? Or did it return an dns error?

It's true that Win-CE does not have an ipconfig tool. You may consider install some free tools which can give you a better idea of the ip/ dns settings of your pocket pc.

One of the known ones is called "vxUtil", do a search at google should give you the download link.

Once you can provide us the ip/ dns settings, we can proceed to troubleshoot further.

~ Patronsoft Limited ~
p5mmx10g

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:42 pm    
Post subject:

got the util, gave me the info of my ip of my wireless card
gateway 10.20.7.1
primary dns 10.20.7.1
dhcp sever 10.20.7.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: