SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Install problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletche

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:03 pm    
Post subject: Install problem

Install problem

Hi, I have tried to install Firstspot unsuccessfully.

I followed the pre-install instructions and get to the point where it asks me to select the network adaptors. I only have 1 option ‘Mac Bridge Miniport’. At this point the ‘next’ button is not highlighted and I cannot continue with the installation and have to quit.

I’m not an IT guy, just trying to set up a Freespot.

My configuration is as follows:

Main PC:

Athlon 2800+
2 network cards – 1 for US Robotics AP and 1 for ADSL internet connection.
Windows XP
Microsoft networked to 2nd PC
Running Bluetooth and networked to 2nd PC via Bluetooth

2nd PC

Athlon 1.3 Mhz
1 network card disabled
Running and networked to main PC via Bluetooth
Windows XP

Any ideas please?

Thanks Fletche
CyberiaWiFi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:07 pm    
Post subject: suggestions

I am not too sure, but i know the patronsoft guys will answer you real fast...anyhow, when my pc wouldn't show me my NIC cards under XP correctly, i removed them, un-bound all the services, then re installed the actual hardware...then i was good to go. I also had to follow the insturctions for modifying the config file to "Ignore" the windows XP detection of my adaptors states, which they tell you how to do in the firstpot manual. maybe give that a try?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:11 am    
Post subject:

Some observations:

1) The next button in setup is dimmed until you select the network adapter correctly (i.e. you need to select 2 differenet network adapters, one for Public Network Interface, one for Private Network Interface). Note that you need to have 2 "enabled" network adapters ready BEFORE running FirstSpot.

2) Note that for Private Network Interface, you need to select "normal" Ethernet adapter (e.g. Realtek). For Public Network Network Interface, Loopback or WLAN Adapter will be fine too.

3) Also, we do not yet support XP PPPoE Interface. You need to insert a router between FirstSpot and the ADSL Modem, or use EnterNet PPPoE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: