SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

VPN Client support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimLong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:50 am    
Post subject: VPN Client support

I have just had 3 calls from people trying to use Checkpoint Firewall 1 NG is this a supported product?

regards

Tim
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:56 am    
Post subject:

VPN clients should be able to pass through FirstSpot when NAT is disabled at the public interface. This option is available in Advanced Edition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:22 am    
Post subject:

Ouch I was lead to believe through previous postings that VPN is supported.

This is the first time I have seen it mentioned that I would need the full version to be able to support this.

VPN support is a pretty basic requirement for a public hotspot, having to now upgrade 5 copies to the full version is not going to be good, as your documentation does not state that the full version is required.

With the increased costs involved in using version 3 with a server license I am now concidering whether this product is right for me.

Kevin back in june this year you put a reply to a question like mine on the board.

Back then you did not state that the advanced edition with the NAT option turned off

you stated

"Yes, 95% of our customers have no problem in using VPN passing through FirstSpot. You can do a search on this forum to see previous discussions.

We have some fine-tunning procedures if you're the remaining 5%. Write to us (firstspot@patronsoft.com) if you encounter any problems/ questions. Please also let us know your topology and the VPN servers/clients you're planing to use"
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:54 am    
Post subject:

Hello Tim,

Sorry for the confusion. Like what I mentioned earlier, most of the VPN client should work happily with FirstSpot; even without disabling NAT. Because many VPN client/servers have the option of NAT-traversals which make their products friendly to NAT devices.

For the small portion left, mostly due to legacy reasons, the problem can be resolved by doing some tedious and complicated procedures in version 2.x to disable NAT at FirstSpot. Starting from version 3.0; however, we've added an option in FirstSpot Advanced Edition to disable NAT.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:11 am    
Post subject: CheckPoint VPN Client

Tim,

We have FirstSpot (v2.1) running and use the CheckPoint VPN client (R56) without issue. We have not turned off NAT on the public interface either...

Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: