SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

DB corruption and backups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rryding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:45 pm    
Post subject: DB corruption and backups

Hello Board,
I needed to ask this question because i just migrated a retirement park from Anatamedia to FirsStop after 2 years. I have lived with DB corruption issues each time i seem to modify 10 t 30 accounts for things like renewal dates or plan changes. In version 4 they told me stop the service before making user updates (of course with everyobe using streaming tv this is not practical). In verision 5 they said it would be fine but it is not. Where i am going with this is in reading how to properly do backups (i did them each time i made changes with Antamedia for obvious reasons) i noticed i had to worry about db corruption, is that true if i switch over to mySQL and and use mysqldump instead? What other opertions do I need to be concerned about. I seemed to noticed that if i chnge a users download bandwidth usage i have to restart the servie for it to take effect? Sorry in advance if I am incorreect.

thanks for the feedback -ross
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 am    
Post subject:

FirstSpot database almost never corrupts. Nevertheless, if you want to make backup, shutdown FirstSpot and copy the FirstSpot\datasource directory.

And yes, you can switch to MySQL and use any MySQL tools. Refer to chapter 8 of firstspot_guide.pdf for instruction. I suggest you use our default datasource for the time being. You only need to switch if you encounter problems.

Which setting did you change? I am not aware of any user attribute change that needs a FirstSpot restart. Most of them are "live update", and the worst case is that the user needs to logout and re-login.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm    
Post subject:

my guess is that i did not logout then login in the user - it ws the download upload bandwidth setting.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:08 pm    
Post subject:

You mean Bandwidth Throttling setting? And yes, you need to logout and re-login for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: