SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Weekend plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stranger04

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:27 am    
Post subject: Weekend plan

Hello,
we are testing your product for one of our customers and they asked about a weekend plan (noon of Friday - noon of Monday).
I found how to create 1 day or 7 days plans but I can not figure out how to bind plan to the specific timeframe(customer should be
able to buy it at any point of time).
Another question is how can I close login pop-up after user logged in ?
Last question is how to avoid SSL error when a user tries to visit some https site when his account is locked before he'll be redirected to login page?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:08 am    
Post subject:

1) Currently, the Plan concept is not related to Shopping Cart items (which is used for the credit card module). We only support the attributes defined in the Shopping Cart items tab for credit card purchase.

If you want define the user attributes explicitly, you can try the "recurring" user attributes

2) You can simply close the popup Windows or close the tab. Note that this popup won't affect the user login session. If you don't like it, you can disable this feature under Configuration Manager -> UI Customization.

3) There is no easy way to solve this as this is theoretical limitation for https. One workaround is to add that https site in the Exception Free Websites domain list if this is a frequently used sites (need FirstSpot restart).

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:55 am    
Post subject:

Quote:
1) Currently, the Plan concept is not related to Shopping Cart items (which is used for the credit card module). We only support the attributes defined in the Shopping Cart items tab for credit card purchase.

Ok, so will it work if I create a plan with "Account is active - recurring " set to desired timeframe and use "plan (legacy mode)" setting in the "shopping cart" ?

Quote:
2) You can simply close the popup Windows or close the tab. Note that this popup won't affect the user login session. If you don't like it, you can disable this feature under Configuration Manager -> UI Customization.

It just looks a little bit wierd from end user prospective, can not find this setting in UI customization menu, could you please point me to it ?

"3) There is no easy way to solve this as this is theoretical limitation for https. One workaround is to add that https site in the Exception Free Websites domain list if this is a frequently used sites (need FirstSpot restart)."
Unfortunately, it's not an option(add to exception) since more and more sites nowadays switch to https. Ok, it looks like there is no solution for that at this point.

Next question, looks like I broke my test environment.
I believe that I have some logic error,
I have 2 plans:
Free access plan (active at first login, conditions to suspend: when minutes are used up 30 minutes)
Self-signup after x min (active at first login, conditions to suspend: after 0 minutes)
In "Authentication Server" I have:
"Sign-up Plan" - "self-signup after x min"
"Login automatically after successful sign-up" - enabled
Free Access Plan - "free access plan"
In shopping cart(just one for test purposes):
"After 10 minutes" - checked
bandwidth throttling - set

When user sign-ups it creates an account automatically sign-ins user and provide internet access w/o time limit.

From my perspective it should be like this:
systems checks that user has 0 minutes after settings
and forwards him to the cart;
user selects a plan, pays for it and only after that gets internet access

Also, how long it'll take to activate license after payment?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:27 am    
Post subject:

1) Sorry, Plan (legacy mode) is for backward comparability purpose. We don't support it anymore

2) The option is called "Show InfoBox"

4) You need to set the "Self Sign-up" Plan "At a specific date and time" to a past date. See http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2765 for more information. BTW, the default Self Sign-up Plan should work.

Once we receive your purchase, normally we can generate a license key for you within an hour or so.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 am    
Post subject:

1)Any chance something like this will be added to the future releases? It's really good feature and I think it'll be used by some customers (Plans tied to specific timeframe)
2)Got it, thx
4) Done, thanks for clarification it looks like it's working but now it's another issue
User logs in, redirected to cart, purchase goes through and user automatically logged and has access to the internet. As soon as paid time exhausted user is redirected to cart again, purchase goes through BUT user is being shown a message "User has no usage time left" after that user redirected to cart again, however internet is enabled and working perfectly.
I mean for some reason after successful purchase, system for some reason shows that message and redirects to cart again.
Any ideas how can I troubleshoot that?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 am    
Post subject:

4) Please experiment with "Success Return Path" under Credit Cards tab, or better yet simply enable "automatic login after payment".

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 am    
Post subject:

4)First thing I've checked, It is enabled
return path automatically grayed out & reverted to: "http://firstspot.org:5788/cart.php"
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:00 am    
Post subject:

4) So you mean the first time the redirect works, but the subsequent purchase has problem?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:10 am    
Post subject:

Yes, exactly.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:14 am    
Post subject:

4) We need to take a look at the code. Can you help us to capture a screenshot or least capture the URL that is causing your issue? Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 am    
Post subject:

Sure, here is the screenshot. Let me know if you need anything else
stranger04

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 am    
Post subject:

And this one was just a second before
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:12 am    
Post subject:

I notice that you change the default login page URL firstspot.org to something else.

Can you revert to the default domain for the time being, restart FirstSpot, and perform the same steps again?

Thanks.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 am    
Post subject:

We re-test your case and so far unable to reproduce your problem.

When you purchased the second time, did the page "Waiting for PayPal to complete the transaction" stay there for unusually long time?

Again. did you have chance to revert back to the default domain name under Authentication Server tab?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: