SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Free access user download quota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
natrat22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:36 am    
Post subject: Free access user download quota

I tried searching the forums but the search function crashes with an SQL error and returns no results.

i'm looking at implementing Firstspot in 110 room resort I manage. Currently they give guests arriving a free internet voucher which gives them 500MB of data or 7 days, whichever is used up first.

It appears that I could do away with the ticketing and allow them to use the Free Access Request Form instead, is that correct? I have been trying to configure this but I cannot seem to successfully apply any download quota to it. I've modified the free access plan but when a user submits a free access request, a user account is created with their MAC ID as the username, but the total download quota field is set to No rather than the value i've specified.

What am i missing?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:26 am    
Post subject:

We are retesting this part of FirstSpot. Will update you as soon as possible.

BTW, which search feature did you use? We tried both Forum search ( http://patronsoft.com/forum/search.php ) and Site Search, and both seem to work fine at this moment.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:28 am    
Post subject:

Are you using the default "Free Access Plan" and modify it to suit your need? Looks like there is a problem with the default plan name.

Just go to Authentication Server tab and click save once. It should now save the name "Free Access Plan" correctly to our config.ini file.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:07 am    
Post subject:

Search working again for me now, weird.

Yes I was just modifying the pre-installed Free Access Plan which I assumed is what the Request Free Access option would run off.

I'll try what you suggest, thanks. The other option is scratch cards but the less involved reception need to be the better.

cheers
nathan
natrat22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:20 am    
Post subject:

That worked perfectly, thank you.

My next question on the free access - say the guest who got their 500MB free access on their visit then returns to the resort later in the year with the same device. How can I automatically reset or rather delete free access accounts after a certain period ie. after 4 weeks from creation they are deleted automatically?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:38 am    
Post subject:

This is quite easy:

1) make sure the auto-delete attribute is selected in your Free Access Plan

2) all future new accounts will be created with this auto-delete attribute.

3) run our program removeUser.exe (under FirstSpot\dispatcher) in Windows Task Scheduler daily:

removeUser.exe 28

Also, the above default "Free Access Plan" problem will be fixed in upcoming v8.1.6.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:47 am    
Post subject:

Awesome. You guys are great. I've just got the no session limit trial version license and am putting Firstspot in live to this resort on Monday. Providing there are no showstoppers in the first week an order will follow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: