SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Lockup after Paypal Standard payment processed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dducotejr

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 pm    
Post subject: Lockup after Paypal Standard payment processed

I am running the trial version of Firstspot and have run into an issue. When I process a payment via Paypal Standard, the user is redirected to paypal, the payment processed successfully, but the browser locks up. In addition to the user's browser locking up, the configuration manager locks up. Only after restarting the service in windows then restarting Firstpot in the configuration manager does it start working again. Payments are applied correctly when reviewed and all appears to work fine until another payment is processed.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm    
Post subject:

Strange. You mean the Apache service is lockup? We don't have similar report before.

What kind of client device and browser do you use to perform this test? Can you switch browser and try to do a similar test again?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 pm    

I was testing from an iPad which may have contributed to the issue. Tested from a PC with Google Chrome, and it seemed to work better, but the configuration manager will not load from the server itself until I restart the service or reboot.
On the IOS device you cannot browse at all during this time, from the PC I could open other web pages, but failed to load the local page to show the transaction was successful once paypal transaction was complete.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:55 pm    
Post subject:

Can you email us your config.ini file at firstspot@patronsoft.com so that we can double-check your setting? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 pm    

Just sent it.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:05 am    
Post subject:

We test using PC client (Google Chrome), iPad and iPhone but cannot reproduce your issue. Please check the following:

1) Is there any anti-virus in your FirstSpot machine? Please uninstall them for the time being as it may interfere with server software like Apache.

2) We are using PayPal Sandbox to test (instead of real account). Please perform your test using sandbox one more time.

3) You might want to turn off "auto-login" if you encounter error after payment.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:15 pm    

No anti-virus running at this time. I tried using Sandbox payment, no change. Tried turning Auto login on and off no change. Here is what I found.
The client isn't locking up. as the redirect after payment was directed to the firstspot server, that was why id appeared to lock up the client. When redirected to external website, all works fine on the client side.
On the server side through, the Apache is what is locking up. I have to restart the "Apache2.2" service for it to recover. till then the webpages on the server are not accessible either remotely or local. It only seems to happen after successful paypal payment, live or sandbox.
I may try reloading everything and starting from the beginning if there are no further suggestions.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:41 pm    
Post subject:

What Windows version are you currently using?

And yes, it will be good idea if you install from a fresh installation of Windows.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:48 pm    

Server 2003 R2
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 pm    
Post subject:

Did you somehow modify the default domain suffix? When you reinstall FirstSpot, at least initially try to keep the FirstSpot setting as default as much as possible.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:05 pm    

I uninstalled then re installed FirstSpot. Got it to the point so I can process a payment. I noticed that the everything works as expected till the transaction update is received or at least the status is marked Completed.
Before it shows completed in the log, I can browse the configuration manager. When I notice it has locked up, I restart Apache and check the log to find the transaction status is completed. Tried this a few times with the same result.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:40 am    
Post subject:

Can you try to install FirstSpot in a different version of Windows (e.g. Windows 7 or 2008)? Maybe that particular setup of Windows is the culprit.

Also, is it a clean Windows (never install PHP/Apache before)? It is important that you minimize the programs installed on Windows before installing FirstSpot to avoid conflict.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 pm    

Sorry it took so long, but got side tracked. I re-installed Server 2003, updated, Installed Firstspot and got the same results. Apache seems to lock up when I get the transaction status from Paypal. Only an Apache service restart will recover it.
Are their any error log files I could send. I like the software and if I can get past this issue will want to purchase.
Everything else appears to work fine up to and after this issue.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:55 pm    
Post subject:

Can you email us remote login instruction at firstspot@patronsoft.com? We need to take a look at your machine directly.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:01 pm    
Post subject:

just sent the info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: