SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Exception Free Websites
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm    
Post subject:

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:56 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,

thought it was worth sharing the following.

I noticed that during the blackout period, the problem with the redirection because of "out of exception list links" within trusted sites, is not experienced as the untrusted content is simply replaced with the blackout period (blocked) form and no redirect to the login screen is performed.

This allows the user to surf the allowed site but with the blocked, or non 'Exception List' content replaced.

With this in mind it may be possible, in future releases, to offer the option of replacing any outside links to youtube and others with a known page similar to the blocked page, much like how it works after hours.

This would give people the chance to allow users access to trusted places but still block, redirect or replace the unlisted or untrusted url's.

This has been a stumbling block for this customers rollout as now he has had to pay extra for his site to be redesigned, along with the time needed to get that happening too.

From what I can see, technically the ability is there within the current scope of the functions and perhaps it would be an easy thing to include as an option.

Perhaps this is an existing feature that I have missed, as maybe there is already a page that is doing the redirect function after the driver has spotted the url and I just need to edit that ??.

I may have a sneaky look at the drivers again and see if I can alter their mind a little.

Hv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: