SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

SSL Problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottwy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:46 am    
Post subject: SSL Problems

I have been trying to configure My full premium firstspot v7.0.7 on windows server 2008 R2 SP1 to accept paypal payments for several days. The payments go thru paypal but are not posted to the firstspot server we thought is was a lack of SSL cert so I followed your instructions in the guide got everything back from godaddy and installed into firstspot\www\apache\conf the 3 files listed and now it wont even start?? Begining to think I should have shopped around before i dropped so much money on what I thought was a GUI Windows based solution...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 am    
Post subject:

Don't worry. We will guide you the process.

Is there any error message during FirstSpot startup? Can you explain the exact steps you did?
scottwy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:32 am    
Post subject:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled now I have login back. I need some clarification; in your instructions you say my-server.csr so I entered the name of my server? That cost me $60us because i had to revoke the ssl in order to tie a new ssl to my visitor nic ip address, just to make sure this is correct before i throw another SSL away. The SSL needs to be linked to my my visitor NIC IP address 17x.xxx.xx.xx ?
scottwy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm    
Post subject:

Can I register SSL with my domain name and still get paypal standard to reply to my server with updated payment info or does the Visitor NIC IP need the SSL ? Help would be greatly appreciated.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:46 am    
Post subject:

First, you don't need SSL-enabled login page in order to make PayPal Standard to function. The cert that you purchased is for the login page only and it is unrelated to PayPal support.

More technical explanation : For posting/submit (FirstSpot -> PayPal), normally you use https. But note that cert is NOT required for posting/submit action. For IPN (PayPal -> FirstSpot), https is optional (we use http. By default, FirstSpot use http in the setting "Publicly accessible URL to receive transaction update from PayPal"). So cert is not required either.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 pm    
Post subject:

Thanks for the clarification I wrongly assumed the ssl was required by paypal. When the site cert warning pops up I personally will not enter my info and would not expect a customer to either. I will manually enter info until I better understand the FS software.

Thanks,

Scott
scottwy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 pm    
Post subject:

I just followed pages 44-45 in the FS guide,I renamed the existing ca.crt to "bak.crt" and just left it in place then I renamed the gd_bundle.crt to "ca.crt" (I found refrence to this in the FS forum) then I renamed the 172.xx.x.x.cert also from godaddy to "my-server.cert" I then placed these 2 files along with the my-server.key that was generated just before I generated the my-server.csr for godaddy exactly as in step 7. on page 45,and I stopped there,so the my-server.cert is the 172.xx.x.x.cert I recieved from godaddy. It looks like in step 8 (on pg45 of FS guide) that the FS login url needs to now be 172.xx.x.x but I have not done that.

Before I proceed am I correct so far with the changes I have made?

Thanks,
Scott
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:05 pm    
Post subject:

But does PayPal work okay now? We suggest you make sure PayPal is working okay first before moving on to SSL-enabled login page.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:25 pm    
Post subject:

I will remove the added files and rename bak.crt to ca.crt and make sure it works first.

Thanks,
Scott
scottwy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am    
Post subject:

Paypal does not work with SSL NOT Enabled, it took me thru the payment process, I can see recent transaction history when trying to sign up, but payment status says Unknown Yet.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 am    
Post subject:

Do you have the txn.log file under FirstSpot\log directory? Can you post it here?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am    
Post subject:

There is no txn.log? there is "admin_login,Error,DHCP,FSRedirect,gw_srv,HB,startup_info,handleBatFile,ipmap and an archive file?
What is the name of the file you want I am running v7.0.7 with server 2008 R2 sp1.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 am    
Post subject:

Most likely your firewall Port Forwarding is not correct. Please check out:

http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2058
http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2765

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:33 am    
Post subject:

I have txn file but should I post all the info? FS still not updating after receiving IPN from paypal. Everything seems to go thru but user is not granted access to network after payment, I have even enabled treat pending transactions as complete with no luck.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 am    
Post subject:

Please:

1) restart FirstSpot once
2) reproduce your problem
3) capture txn.log and firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log under FirstSpot\log directory and post it here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: